Surf Summit 20
Air & Ground Transportation
Los Cabos International Airport (SJD) is a short 30 minute drive from the Surf Summit 20 host host, Marquis Los Cabos. The airport has a variety of non-stop flights from Southern California airports including LAX, San Diego (SAN) and John Wayne (SAN).
Need transportation to and from the Cabo airport? SIMA’s recommends TransCabo for all of your transportation needs. Book private car service or shuttle service here. Per Mexican law, private ground transportation (outside of taxis) must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
A Couple of Things to Keep In Mind While Traveling in Mexico
While millions of U.S. citizens safely visit Mexico each year, we ask that you take precautions while visiting Cabo.
- Use common sense while traveling in the city by visiting only legitimate business and tourist areas during daylight hours.
- U.S. citizens should make every attempt to travel on main road during daylight hours.
- Take toll (“cuota”) roads whenever possible, as they are generally more secure.
- Do not display expensive looking jewelry, large amounts of money or other valuable items.
- Make sure your cell phone works in Mexico.
United States Consular Agency Los Cabos
Tiendas de Palmilla, Carretera Transpeninsular KM 27.5 Local B221
San Jose del Cabo, B.C.S., C.P, 23406 Mexico
Telephone: (624)143-3566, After Hour Emergencies: 001 (619)692-2154
Per State Department recommendations, the following hospital is recommended in the event of a medical emergency.
Centro Medico Cabo: 143-9727, 143-9728, 143-9729
Consulate website: https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/tijuana/consular-agency-los-cabos/
See hospital warning under “Important Information”